"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

Friday, April 8, 2011

Opportunities

On Monday Mike received his orders...looks like this move is happening! After a year of on-again off-again plans to move, God has taught me so much about just resting in Him and waiting for His plan to happen...opprotunites to put aside my plans and wait on Him.

With our departure quickly approaching, I am planning and organizing for the move...opportunity to think ahead but still live each day fully for Him where He has me, not living in the future. ("Wherever you are be all there." -Jim Elliott)


And after putting off thoughts of good-byes for a long time, now I'm thinking that in few weeks from now when we'll say a very very sad goodbye to our church family and our immediate family, it will be opportunity to remember God's sovereignty and goodness, to think on eternity, that God made us for relationships and one day the pain of being separated will be gone, and we'll be together in perfection...opportunity to go with God, who never moves away...



Psalm 16:3 "As for the sains who are in the earth, they are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for you and all your wonderful friends. Of course, you'll be closer to me so I'm a tiny bit NOT sad. Love you, can't wait till next time...Fifi :)

Francey said...

Yeah, I'm a tiny bit not sad about that too... :) And does this mean that you're officially OK with that nickname?! Yay!!