"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Update on Life in Little Rock

Hard to believe, but we've been here in Little Rock for a month! We've had a lot of fun here, and it's been great just to be together. We'll be here for another month and a half. We drove in from Austin late in the vening and got into our hotel room, our new home, and crashed. The next day we got all settled in, and the next day was Mike's forst day of school! Here he is heading off to class...






When I dropped him off I went and enjoyed some quiet time with the Lord at the lake on base. I LOVE water and this was such a peaceful spot to pray and remember that through all of this change and feelings of homesickness my God never changes; He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and He is my life!
Since being here we've enjoyed several new restaurants on date nights! Our first date night we went to Cajun's Wharf on the river. We had a great seafood dinner inside then drinks and live acoustic music on the patio. Loved it! Later in the evening there was a full live band in the basement. We had fun listening and wathching people dance, and as soon as we got up to leave they started playing "Amazon Woman," so we had to stay and dance for that one. :)

Here we are on the patio; I thought it was funny that I had a beer and Mike had a sissy drink in a jar.






At Orange Leaf frozen yogurt place on another date night...




At a breakfast place recommended by Bart and Shannon...





We've also had the pleasure of seeing some friends as they've passed through LR! The day after we arrived, Ally, my friend I used to meet with in San Antonio, flew in and stayed the night with us before heading to Memphis for her sister's graduation.






Last week Jelaine and the kids came into town with her sister so her sister could see some old friends. It was so good to see them! We hadn't met their little daughter yet - she is adorable and so smiley! And Tre is so big and so smart! What a blessing to see good friends.






One thing we've looked forward to here is enjoying the outdoors. Arkansas is called The Natural State. Last weekend we hiked up Pinnacle mountain! It was a challenge, but we loved it!












On our way up...






At the top!


















What a view!






The other night we went out for dinner with Mike's 4 other class mates. Being the only spouse to tag along to Little Rock, I was asked by one of them: "So it begs the question...what do you DO all day?" :) My life here is pretty chill and I'm loving it! I'm viewing it kind of a time to exercise my spiritual life by being able to have long quiet times in the word and reading some good solid books to grow my love for God, and as a time to exercise physically. We wake up and have breakfast together then go to starbucks for our Americanos...






Then I drive Mike to work and go home for my quiet time. Then I work out...I've been taking a weight-lifint class and a Zumba class (SO fun!), and swimming laps and running a bit, all throughout the week. Mike comes home for lunch and I have a couple of hours to read, write emails and letters, skype with friends and family, do laundry, embroider and listen to sermons...then he comes home and we get to hang out a ton! It's super nice, and I'm thankful for this time to be with Mike so much since work in Tucson will be pretty demanding.












We're liking our time here and have REALLY been enjoying The Bible Church of Little Rock! AWEsome teaching and really friendly people. We went to a care group last Sunday night and stayed until 11:30! We're so very thankful for this fellowships and teaching!












More to come on Life in Little Rock...












(Here is a sign posted in the women's locker room at the gym that made me chuckle...)







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO happy you guys are having a blast! I can't believe you were the only wife to come. Amazing for you!!! I love our skype time :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Thanks for updating :)

Dre Legit said...

MUM-AYE! :))) Thanks for the update on tu vida.

I miss you todos los dias! :(

But happy you guys are doing swell... :)

And I agree with Steph, you are an amazing supportive-wife! I love it! And I wish our skype time would work. :(