"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lake Ouachita

Yesterday we went kayaking on Lake Ouachita! It's in a national forest close by to Hot Springs. We had tried to go last week but turned around due to thunderstorms, so we were pretty antsy to get on the water - well, I was - Mike was just doing it for me, sweet guy.

We got up early and drove 2 hours through the beautiful forest and made it to the marina where we rented our kayaks and let in to the water! After about 10 minutes of paddling around and exploring the huge lake, Mike realized that there was a hole in his kayak! The water in the bottom was growing and I could tell that his boat was lower in the water. So he started paddling like crazy to get back to the marina for a new boat - I almost wet my pants laughing so hard as my funny husband who had never kayaked before and didn't really want to be doing it was paddling to save his life, and with every stroke of the paddle his boat sunk a little more. HILARIOUS. Being the good wife I am, I prayed for his safety and his attitude as I was laughing hysterically.

So he got a new kayak and we set off again; this time everything was wonderful! We had so much fun exploring and paddling around and enjoying such beautiful creation.

After a while we found the tiniest island where we stopped and had a snack and a swim.

Mike was brave and brought his phone on board; thanks for the great pics, Mikey!Taking a break and enjoying the sun and the breeze...
The day was perfect, just the two of us on the water together; Mike ended up loving kayaking so much that we're talking about getting our own and scoping out bodies of water around Tucson!

After we got home and showered, we ended the day with a dinner date at Bonefish Grill. Yum!I love my dear husband so much! And I'm so thankful to God for such a wonderful day with him; we both agree that this was the best day we've had on our Little Rock adventure.

4 comments:

Dave and Andee said...

Um yeah I was laughing myself as I pictured the paddling for a new kayak. You two are fabulous!

Amber said...

Sounds like a blast! I am cracking up thinking about mike and his sinking boat! So funny! Wyatt for some reason wants a kayak for his birthday? He's never been but he wants a blue one with a yellow paddle? Silly kid.

Patti said...

Love that last picture! Sunburned and gloriously happy. Doesn't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! Are you sure you didn't wet your pants?? So glad you guys had a great time. Miss you!!