"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the one true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent." John 17:3

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A BitterSWEET Evening

Tonight we had dinner guests: Mike's co-worker, Brad, and his sweet daughter, Chloe. I've been praying for these two since Mike met Brad a few months ago and it was so fun to get to meet them and spend time with them! Brad is raising his daughter by himself because the Lord took his wife, Sarah, home to be with Him in 2009. He kindly volunteered to tell me his story; so sad, and so joyful, because he gives ALL the glory to God! It makes my heart swell to think of what he's been through and to think that he is clinging to Jesus and my Savior is being glorified through him! From one of Brad's blog posts toward the beginning of their trial...

"The Lord is my strength and my shiled. My heart trusts in Him and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give Him thanks in song." Psalm 28:7

I'm praising God for such encouragement from a brother in Christ tonight!

3 comments:

Dave and Andee said...

WoW thanks for making me cry Francey!! Beautiful! If I ever saw someone who deserves father of the year award he would be the one.

JerryandCarolyn said...

Francey,
God Blessed him with your kind heart and ear to listen.

Dre Legit said...

mmm I remember you telling me about them! :) They were very blessed to come over for dinner! :) I love the way you pour your heart into every opportunity possible. :) I really do.